Do you struggle with whiteboard ghosting? Not sure how to stop it from ruining your whiteboard surface?
Well, you’re not alone. This is a potential problem for anyone using a product with whiteboard functionality.
Today we’re going to break down the causes of whiteboard ghosting and how you can create a high quality whiteboard surface with Smart Whiteboard Wallpaper.
What is Whiteboard Ghosting?
So, what exactly is whiteboard ghosting?
It occurs when a whiteboard surface won’t fully erase. This leaves behind stains and marks which can make your whiteboard look dirty. Ghosting can also make your whiteboard surface hard to read.
Decoding Whiteboard Ghosting: What Causes Whiteboards To Ghost?
It can occur for a number of reasons. It should be noted that traditional whiteboards usually have a limited life span in which you can avoid it happening.
- Using low quality, cheap whiteboards
- Repeated heavy use of whiteboards
- Leaving marks on a whiteboard for extended periods
- Erasing markers while they are still wet
- Some types of whiteboards are more susceptible than others
How To Maintain A Whiteboard Surface
Now that you know some of the causes of ghosting, you’re probably wondering how to avoid it happening in the first place?
The good news is there are a few actions you can take to help achieve a non ghosting whiteboard surface.
- Use high quality markers and cleaning sprays
- Clean with Smart Sponge
- Replace your choice of eraser when it gets dirty
- Use a pro cleaner every so often – note not suitable for daily usage
One solution to avoiding it altogether is abandoning traditional whiteboards and instead coating your wall with a high quality whiteboard product like Smart Whiteboard Wallpaper
Smart Whiteboard Wallpaper
Why settle for whiteboards when you can have a non-ghosting product? Try Smart Whiteboard Wallpaper.
Smart Whiteboard Wallpapers allow you to turn any wall into a whiteboard surface in just one easy application.
This is a high performance product which helps you write on, wipe off effortlessly.
Due to the glossy finish of the product, whiteboard wallpapers do not ghost as you will be able to wipe off any writing easily and without smudging.
Ghosting can also be a result of how a product is applied or maintained, so below are some tips on how to keep a non ghosting whiteboard wall.
Maintaining Your Smart Whiteboard Wall
- Make sure that you follow the application guide to ensure that you properly install your whiteboard wall
- Make sure to use high quality accessories such as markers and cleaning sprays
- Clean the surface after use using a microfibre cloth and replace when it gets dirty.
- Use a Pro Cleaner Spray like this one here every so often on your surface. (For Daily Cleaning see our Everyday
So there you have it. Now you can confidently create non ghosting whiteboard surfaces.
Do you have any questions about our products? Book a free video consultation and talk to our experts.