Welcome to the FAQs for Smarter Surfaces’ Smart Magnetic Whiteboard Paint. Below we have outlined the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
How To Apply Magnetic Whiteboard Paint
To ensure a perfect magnetic whiteboard finish, please :
- Before application undercoat with a primer if the surface is absorbent to ensure the product is not absorbed into the surface.
- Apply the magnetic paint to the surface. Apply 3 coats and allow to dry between each coat for 2 hours. Sand lightly between coats.
- If using our Smart Magnetic Whiteboard Paint White apply two coats of white primer to the magnetic wall to cover up any imperfections and the grey color of the magnetic paint. If using our Smart Magnetic Whiteboard Paint Clear apply two coats of clear primer over the color of your choice that has been painted over our magnetic paint. Allow primer to dry in between coats and wait 24 hours before applying top coat.
- Be sure to use a different roller for both the primer and the whiteboard wall paint. If you choose to use the same roller, the water involved in washing the roller will have damaging effects on the whiteboard paint.
- Apply one coat of Smart Whiteboard Paint to the surface after primer is fully dry
- Only paint the specified coverage area as clearly labeled on the tin. Stretching the paint will affect the whiteboard performance.
- Note this is a one coat specialist coating. To ensure optimum results we recommend rolling over the surface ten times during the coat.
Once applied correctly, our magnetic whiteboard paint comes with a ten-year performance guarantee.
How is Smart Magnetic Whiteboard Paint applied?
How and when to use personal protective equipment.
Is Smart Magnetic Whiteboard Paint flammable?
How do I remove the paint from skin?
Each 65ft² Smart Magnetic Whiteboard Paint (White) kit includes: Smart Magnetic Paint, Smart White Primer, Smart Whiteboard Paint White, Smart Neo Magnets, surface sticker, microfibre cloth, roller sleeve and handle, gloves, stirring stick, sanding block and application guide.
Each 65ft² Smart Magnetic Whiteboard Paint (Clear) kit includes: Smart Magnetic Paint, Smart Whiteboard Paint Clear, Smart Neo Magnets, surface sticker, microfibre cloth, roller sleeve and handle, gloves, stirring stick, sanding block and application guide.
Are there different colors available?
Are there different sizes available?
What roller to use for painting walls with Smart Magnetic Whiteboard Paint?
Your Smart Magnetic Whiteboard Surface can be wiped clean with a regular dry or slightly damp cloth. For easier cleaning you can also use any standard Whiteboard Cleaning Spray. For tough or stubborn marks, we recommend customers use our Permanent Ink Remover.
During the first 30 days from application, we recommend cleaning your surface every day using the supplied micorfibre cloth. After 30 days it is recommended to thoroughly clean the surface weekly with a standard whiteboard cleaner.
There are ‘shadows’ or large marks on my surface, what can cause this?
How to clean a stained magnetic whiteboard wall?
Can I use alcohol to clean my Smart Magnetic Whiteboard Paint surface?
What type of magnets can be used with Smart Magnetic Whiteboard Paint?
Note: ordinary household magnets are not suitable.
Smart Magnetic Whiteboard Paint is designed to be compatible with all good quality whiteboard markers. For the best compatibility, we recommend purchasing markers here as these have been tested for optimum compatibility with Smart Magnetic Whiteboard Paint.
Can I use permanent markers?
How do I get permanent marker off a whiteboard wall?
How To Use Magnetic Whiteboard Paint
It’s easy! Use your magnetic and dry erase paint surface in exactly the same way as you would use a whiteboard or magnetic surface. Write-on wipe-off – repeat!
Any high quality whiteboard accessories and rare earth magnets will work with Smart Magnetic Whiteboard Paint. Browse our accessories here.
Visit our “How to Use” page of our website to spark your imagination of all the ways you can work better with our products.